Tuesday, January 8, 2008

a healing...a calling

Can I just call out how amazing my husband is today? Today celebrates two years of sobriety for him. And for two years, he has thanked God for His gift of grace. For two years he has allowed God to use our hurts and pain for good. For two years he has reached out and helped others find their path to recovery. For two years he has grown to be the godly man, husband and father I always knew he would be.

I know I keep going on about the stirring deep in my soul for what is to come this year. A year of revival and redemption. I have never been so excited about a new year before. I know that God is working in me, in my husband, in friends, in our women's ministry, in our church, in our community and in our recovery group. He is sifting us and pushing us out of our comfort zones and asking for obedience for blessings. He wants more from us in order to give more to us. This is a season of tremendous hope in our struggles, perserverance in our faithfulness, belief in the abundance of our blessings and the transformation of full redemption. Can I tell you how excited I am for what is in store? It is terrifying to be in the midst of it, but I have so much hope and faith for the deliverance of what's to come and excited about what glory we will bring to Him through this.

Beth Moore said that she had a season of being challenged to love God more, know Him more and to believe Him more. There is a difference in believing in Him and believing Him. I am in a season of all three. I have been on this journey for almost three years and feel as though I am starting to see the dawn of rejoicing. I have been waiting to read Captivating for over a year now. And now we are doing a bible study on it starting next week. I know that there is a specific reason why God had me wait. A study about understanding the desires of a women's heart and the purpose for our special and specific creation. A study about the secret of the feminine heart and how to live a live fully healed and pleasing to the Lord. What could be more perfect?

We had our Shiloh women's ministry event last night. My dear, precious friends Angela, Marla, Janet and Stephanie lead this amazingly powerful ministry. I can't tell you how God has gifted them to bring Him glory. And how obedient they are to His calling. They have been such a blessing to me. And as Captivating says...every time you meet a woman, ask yourself what God is revealing of Himself to you through her, for we were made in His image and are a reflection of His compassion and love. We, as women, are relational to the core. God has blessed me with the amazing and inspiring women He has placed throughout my life and in my life. I thank Him and thank all of you, the bold and beautiful women that live the example every day.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

2 years -- God is so good!!! I wish I could come give you a hug!

The Fox Den said...

I read your beautiful post the day you blogged it and did not get a chance to leave a comment (someone knee high needed something:) You reminded with your sweet comment to come back! I have however thanked God over and over again for you! He is using you and your family for His wonderful purpose. I hope one day we can sit down for coffee and I can hear the rest of the incredible story. He is so good!

Steph Cherry said...

Beautiful. You have quite the talent to stir a spirit with your writing.

Preach on, my sister!