Monday, January 14, 2008

abide...blessing...beauty


Chrysalis: "Before it becomes a butterfly, a caterpillar goes through a growth stage during which it is called a "chrysalis." On the surface it may not look like much is happening, but the delicate chrysalis process changes the fuzzy caterpillar into an awesome butterfly with wings of intricate designs and intense colors. The chrysalis process symbolizes how Christ can transform you into something beyond your dreams. It happens when you grow beyond yourself, opening your life to Jesus' power and love."


Blessing: "Bowing down to receive the expressions of divine favor that in the inner recesses of the human heart and mind make life worth the bother. When you and I find our places in Christ where God can freely fulfill His promises to us, we will also experience immeasurable blessing."


Live: "To continue to have life; remain alive. To dwell or reside. To experience or enjoy life to the full."


"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15:5-8).


"He promised them a place they could settle and dwell in blessing. A land they could posses. A place they could find sabbath rest. According to John 15, New Testament believers have likewise been called to a place of abiding. Living. Dwelling...Not some fruit. Much fruit. Beloved, can you accept the truth that your heavenly Father wants to show His glory through using your life to bear tremendous fruit? Your personalized Promised Land is the abiding place where you get to see God keep the promise of a great harvest through your life." (Believing God, Beth Moore).


God can use anything for good and for His glory...and just imagine and believe, we can be abundantly blessed if we are obedient enough to allow Him. But, this also calls us to be REAL. To take of the masks of perfection and the act of having it all together. To share our stories, our hurts and our victories in Christ. To let people in and show our authentic and changed heart, broken and all. We can live, abide, dwell in Christ. We can be blessed by bowing down before The One who loves us, treasures us and heals us. We can trade our ashes in for beauty. We can be changed from the inside out, bearing the markings of transformation, beauty and redemption. We can become Captivating. We can become the person God desired, created and yearns for us to be. We can stand in Grace.


In church on Sunday, I could just feel the hurts and pains of those around me. But, I could also feel the hope of a new day..."Joy comes with the morning," We start our prayer meeting and our Captivating bible study tomorrow. I know that revival, renewal and redemption is on the horizon. I know that chains will be broken, hurts will be healed, hearts will be changed and beauty will be unveiled. As Beth Moore says, "Beloved, we are not stuck...we are healing." I hear the calling and I want to be obedient...I want to be blessed...abundantly.

2 comments:

The Fox Den said...

I have enjoyed many Beth Moore studies too! God has used His word through her studies in many ways in my life... looking forward to hearing about your journey through this next one.

Steph Cherry said...

ha. I said the not stuck thing. I am really flattered that you attributed it to Beth Moore.