Friday, November 13, 2009

fyi on the 411

Well, it's Friday and I have had a great week! I have found, after a friend forced me to go work out Monday night, a great workout schedule at my gym. I had an awesome girl-time lunch with my best girlfriends yesterday. I had a wonderful run and Yoga class this morning, got all of my Thanksgiving shopping done and a great day with my kids so far. What more could you ask for? I may be behind in laundry and Sophie continues to poop and pee in the house, but it's all about perspective, right?

My amazing husband of 9 years has his 37th birthday this Tuesday! We are celebrating starting tonight for Family Fun Night. I say "starting" because if it were up to him he would get a "Birthday Month", but we have compromised on a "Birthday Week." I am thankful for him. And I love him more every year...even with each gray hair that grows! (looks so much better on him than it does on me!).

I have been reading this amazing daily devotional, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. She is a missionary who for years journaled her quiet time with the Lord. She recorded not only her thoughts and prayer requests, but God's quiet voice that spoke to her in her stillness in return. She wrote this devotional from the perspective of God speaking to you. It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I would encourage anyone to get this!

The best PMS movies: "Under the Tuscan Sun" or "P.S. I Love You." I am assuming "The Time Traveler's Wife" will make it to this list, but I have yet to see it. I will confirm once I do.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving Week. The kids get a whole week off. I look forward to slowing down and being mindful about what we are and have to be so thankful for. God is good! All the time! So, Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Have an attitude of gratitude! Be thankful and thank the One that provides everthing.

"It has taken me many years to understand that God simply wants us to embrace what he has already done for us and rest in that. What I discovered is that when I am trying so hard to live a good life, all the focus is on me. Then all I can see is where I am flawed or failing. When I take my eyes off myself and my performance, and focus instead on the love of God and the companionship of Christ, not only is there amazing joy in that place, but peace too. Jesus wants us to live in his victory. He has already overcome the enemy. He has already paid for our sin...Resting in the love of God means letting go of all the broken pieces we cling to and clinging to him instead. An overcomer is not someone who has never fallen, but rather someone who knows where her true strength lies." ("Let Go" by Shelia Walsh).

P.S. God loves you no matter what...whether you trick or treat or choose not to, public school or homeschool, or put a Christmas tree up in December or choose not to. I hope we all focus on the reason for the season and be thankful and love. God is love. And love makes the world go round. "As you are, right at this moment, God loves you. He knows all that is true about you, and he loves you. Even when you can't forgive yourself, He forgives you. There is nothing you can do to make Him love you more. There is nothing you can do to make Him love you less. This is the promise of Grace." ("Let Go").

No comments: