Tuesday, April 21, 2009

baby, it's cold outside...

Well, Jonathan has a 2nd interview on Thursday morning here in Austin. It seems like the perfect next step for him and he is very excited and has been working so hard to prepare for this 2nd interview. I am so ridiculously proud of him.

After with praying with friends, church family and our pastor, I finally realized that it's okay to ask God for what we want. Chances are, He knows already! So, while I have had to intentionally and diligently prepare and open my heart to whatever the Lord has next for us and trust Him in the meantime, I am now fervently praying that He will keep us here. Home.

One of the precious things I have taken from this journey is that this is home. Being an Air Force Brat, I have never felt "from" somewhere. I never felt like I had a "home" or "roots." But, I have realized I am home. If I moved, I would tell people I was from here...little Kyle, Texas! My children are from Texas. And it's Okay to ask the Lord for our hearts desires. And be open to the answer He has prepared for us.

There have also been other phone interviews and interest in places such as Colorado, California, New York and Minnesota. Seriously. This is how I see that going:

On Friday it was a steady stream of rain and sporadic thunder rolls in the background. The temperature was low 70s, maybe high 60s. Isabelle comes home from school and wants hot chocolate. After Izzy and Nicky are cradling their steaming cups of hot chocolate, Nicky asks me if we have any firewood because, "it's so freezing outside!" I told Jonathan, "I don't think God is calling us to Minnesota."

1 comment:

nicole's nickel said...

this makes me laugh...Love you!