Wednesday, June 25, 2008

his ways are higher...

I have too much to say and too little time and energy to say it...But, if you know me at all, you know I will try to anyway! :)

My second baby and my only baby boy turned 4 today! I am so blessed that he was our little unexpected gift from God in the form of a small, but scrappy, gentle, loving, silly, smart and curious little guy. Happy Birthday, God's little Superhero!

Please check out our Celebrate Recovery Blog!

http://celebraterecoveryplumcreek.blogspot.com/

This ministry and the amazing, courageous, godly people in it have done more for me, my growth, my healing and my spirit than I could ever do for it and for them. God called me to it, but I think He also called it to me. I am so blessed for the people He has brought into my life. For my CR group and my dear sisters in Christ, I love you and I thank you. I would not be where I am today and working on becoming the person I am meant to be, but for the grace of God and the heartfelt, healthy and wonderfully supportive and loving relationships He has given me. My girlfriends who know my heart so well, my kids who bring me so much joy and unconditional love and have done their best to teach me patience, and especially my husband, who may not always understand me, but who is always there as my best friend and accountability partner trying his best to do so.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Phil 1:3-6).

Please be in prayer for me and my family. Jonathan's company is in turmoil and the pivate investors are looking for a buyer. Regardless of what happens, change will come. He may be looking for a new job or in his same position working for a new company. At the same time, I have been having some health issues these past few months, on top of everything else! (just add them to the list of all of the other issues!) All minor so far, but a lot of different things. I have been to a lot of appointments and tests and still have more to go. With 3 kids during the summer, it has been hard to manage the appointments and even harder to manage not feeling myself.

The Lord provides and heals. His will is sovereign and perfect. His love knows no end. In Him, I put my faith.

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Josh. 24:2, 15).


"God Speaking" by Mandissa

Have you ever heard a love song
That set your spirit free
Have you ever watched a sunrise
And felt you could not breathe

What if it's Him
What if it's God speaking

Have you ever cried a tear that
You could not explain
Have you ever met a stranger
That already knew your name

What if it's Him
What if it's God speaking

Who knows how He'll get a hold of us
Get our attention to prove He is enough
He'll do and He'll use
Whatever He wants to
To tell us I love you

Have you ever lost a loved one
Who you thought should still be here
Do you know what it feels like
To be tangled up in fear

What if He's somehow involved
What if He's speaking through it all

His ways are higher
His ways are better

Though sometimes strange
What could be stranger
Than God in a manger

God is speaking
I love you

I pray that God speaks to you...

1 comment:

Steph Cherry said...

Hey Jen:O)

if there is anything at all I can do to help with you or your children, please let me know. I would love to do whatever I can.