Wednesday, March 26, 2008

a heart like his

I am doing a Beth Moore bible study right now on David, called A Heart Like His. In my homework this week is talked about David listening to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and not acting on the opportunity and taking Saul's, his king, father-in-law, and persecutor, life. She says, "Remember, the same Holy Spirit who anointed David with His presence also dwells in New Testament believers. As we draw nearer and nearer to God, our sensitivity to conviction and our discernment of wrongdoing will increase. If we are filled by the His Spirit, conviction will be met with a change of behavior."

Wow! You mean the very Holy Spirit that inhabited and dwelled in a man like David, a man after God's own heart, a man anointed by the Lord to lead His people, a man with a heart like His, is the same Holy Spirit that lives and abides in me? I tell you, the most simple and basic concepts are the most awe-striking, amazing, and "light-bulb" moments for me lately. I am in awe and jealous for the type of intimate, deep and personal relationship that David had with the Lord. No, he wasn't perfect. Yes, he struggled in his desperate want to do the right and godly thing. Yes, he made mistakes. But, his relationship with the Lord was so strong. He could give all and everything to Him. His Psalms are so wrought with emotions that I never thought to say out loud to God (like, He doesn't already know!). That it was okay to admit that you are angry or hurt or want justice or mercy. To be yourself with the One who knows and loves you best.

I was reading a devotional book to Isabelle and Nicholas, Why is There a Cross?, the night before Easter. Yes, I cried. But, Isabelle -- with her child-like heart and faith -- said, "Mommy, it's okay. He is risen. He is alive!" Again, the most simple and basic concepts...He is risen! He is alive! And He abides in me. And He abides in you. And we can Stand in His Grace. And Rest in His Peace.

The More I Seek You

The More I seek You
The More I find youthe more I find you
The more I love you
I want to sit at you feet
drink from the cup in your hands
lay back against you and breath
feel your heartbeat
this love is so deep
it's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
it's overwhelming

No comments: