Monday, August 4, 2008

breathe...

Not only is this the title of the amazing book I am reading right now, but it's something I was able to do on our 2 week vacation to Colorado and what I am trying to do more often in my life. This book, Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life, was given to me by my sister-in-law. It's wonderful and just what I need to be reading right now. It's the kind of book you just want everyone to read...so, everyone, please pick it up and read it! It talks about Sabbath Simplicity and incorporating and really working at making that a priority in your life...by keeping God in the center. Ignoring the noise of the world and the voices of others -- event those well-intentioned people -- to follow God's path for your life. To breathe...to renew...to focus on the One thing that brings hope to the hopeless and peace to the restless.

And I love how God works things out and His amazing and perfect timing. He met us on every excursion, journey and moment on our vacation. He met us in a beautiful rainbow. He met us on this incredible hike we did that ended with a magnificent waterfall. He met us in every dandelion the kids blew wishes on. He met us in the mountains...in the sunshine...in the deer that was 15 feet away from us...in the bear tracks we discovered. He met us with our family...invited us in and opened the door with those that do not know Him. He met us in the gym...yes, the gym. I had some amazing workouts to praise and worship music! He met us in the resort and covered us in His love, peace and protection.

While I still need a vacation from our vacation, I loved it! We were able to celebrate Becca's 1st Birthday there and share precious moments with our kids. I was able to finish the last 3 books in the Yadda Yadda Prayer Group series. We got to grow closer to the family that we don't see very often. And I am so blessed by that. I hope you enjoy the pictures...there are a lot of them. I may not post them regularly, but when I do, I sure do make up for it!


We will be spending the next 3 weeks getting ready for Kindergarten, starting dance, registering Nicky for soccer, wrapping up appointments (praise that I am beginning to getting better and finding answers), Beth Moore Conference, planning women's mini retreat, finishing bible study, cleaning, laundry, and trying to remember to...breathe.


Give Us Clean Hands by Chris Tomlin

We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols

So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another

Oh God let this be a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob

1 comment:

The Fox Den said...

Glad you had a wonderful vacation! Your family is beautiful... hope to meet them some day.